Editorial "A Charter of Intent for candidates who really want to innovate" - The key appointment on 4 February at the CNR in Rome for the real launch of a strategic innovation policy
The provisions on the subject of the Digital Agenda approved in December, too thanks to the amendments proposed by the Association on the basis of collaborative work online and with meetingshave represented important steps forward. However, an organic strategic plan continues to be missing and several fundamental chapters (such as electronic commerce, digital literacy) still need to be addressed in a significant way. Much remains to be done, and this legislature will be truly decisive.
For this reason theStates General Association of Innovation has promoted a Charter of Intent for Innovation in Italy, as an indication of the programmatic priorities for innovation policies on which we think the next legislature should operate.
We ask everyone (citizens, organisations) to collaborate to improve the Charter of Intent on the Association's wiki that we have prepared (in the Discussion sheet), in view of the National Conference which will take place in Rome on February 4th and during which the candidates from the various political forces to sign the Charter and pledge to support it.
An appointment not to be missed. Important to register as soon as possible!Several initiatives have taken place this month, including:
- the promotion of a Italian Open Data Day, which will take place on February 23, and for which working groups have been set up, with a very large membership of administrations, professionals, companies, associations, and which we ask you to participate;
- the launch of the NGO Transparency Manifesto, proposed as part of the policies we want to develop for Open Government e which we ask all organizations to adhere to recipients of this newsletter.
We have also definitively set the date and venue for the Annual Conference.
It will take place at Rome, at the headquarters of the CNR, on 4 February 2013. Soon we will communicate the program of the day.
The main activities concern, in addition to those related to the Charter of Intent for Innovation and the Conference of 4 February:
- the start of collaboration with some Regions and Provinces for the organization of conferences on the topics of Innovation and the local Digital Agenda;
- the collaborative editing of the works for the second eBook “Le Parole dell'Innovazione” (the contents of which will be previewed on 4 February);
- the organization of the Open Data Day.
- Rome, 25 January 2013, operational meeting for the organization of the Open Data Day (see website www.opendataday.it )
- Rome, 4 February 2013, in collaboration with the CNR, national event of the General States of Innovation Association "Better late than never. The innovation agenda for the future of Italy”.
- Paris, January 21, 2013, États Généraux de l'Open Source
Topics under discussion
- A Charter of Intent for Innovation in Italy – go to the article
- Digital Agenda Law: the points on which we can be satisfied – go to the article
- Operational meeting of the Rome Smart City Project – go to the article
- It is necessary to convert the Growth 2.0 decree into law – go to the article
- 2February 3: Open Data Day in Italy – go to the article
- Digital Agenda: missed opportunity – go to the article
- Happy birthday Liber Liber – go to the article
- Report of two weeks of preliminary examination in the Senate of the Growth 2.0 decree – go to the article
Our Innovating partners
- A Charter of Intent from the States General of Innovation for candidates who really want to innovate, #assodigitale.it>>
- Let those who ask for transparency set a good example: a manifesto for transparency by NGOs, SaperiPA>>
- A manifesto for NGO transparency, Italian affairs>>
- Open the box of innovation, Italy 2020 Association>>
- Smart Communities, Gender, Inclusion: Women's Perspectives on Smart Cities, SaperiPA>>