We have received this first announcement from the Technical Secretariat of the National Forum of Copernicus Users, which we gladly publish.
It will be held in morning of February 28, at the Structures of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers (Via di Santa Maria in Via 37b - Rome) the workshop of the Agriculture Table of the National Forum of Copernicus users "Innovations in Earth observation systems for operational downstream services in forest monitoring“, which will see an initial presentation of the needs of the institutional user, followed by the presentation of the results of the research community, as well as the applications and services developed by the commercial community.
The workshop will have the objective of collecting the requirements of the national forest community for the benefit of country policies and as an influence on European policies, as well as for the development of services to support this community and for future development in the context of the implementation of the National Space Economy.
The themes that will be discussed are the following:
- measurements of biomass and structures;
- analysis of cover changes, forest dynamics and other land uses;
- integration of cartographic and inventory data;
- contribution to the study of ecological processes;
- damage from pathogens, fires and extreme events;
- detection of forest cuts and forestry operations;
- monitoring outside the forest and urban and peri-urban forests.
The work agenda will be disclosed in the next few days.
Participation in the event must be reported at firstname.lastname@example.org